Sunday, March 15, 2009

Covered pitchers

I finished up a run of covered pitchers this afternoon:


Covered pitchers are kind of a funny thing. In general they seem to give up a little bit in terms of aesthetics in favor of pure functionality. How many people actually use them though? Probably not too many. Yet I still make them..... hmmm. I guess as long as I enjoy making them and they sell....

The next picture is for my good friend, and potter Julie Jones. Don't know if this helps or not, but here are what my lids look like before trimming and adding a knob.

Joe

4 comments:

Zachary and Jennifer said...

Beautiful work! I ran across your blog a few weeks ago and I enjoy it very much.

Jennifer

Tim Ayers said...

We actually use our covered pitchers frequently. The mimosas were flowing at brunch Saturday, plus we keep a pitcher of filtered water in the dining room for every meal.

Julie Jones said...

Thanks Joe! I will be giving these a try again today.
As far as these pitchers being used, I sold the only one that I ever made to my friend's family from Ireland. My friend said that they prefer to leave the milk for tea out each day and these pitchers discourage their cat from jumping on the table to sneak a drink.

Lara O'Keefe said...

nice pitchers. I still have one of yours from the Daniel days which tends to be a refridge pitcher for cool water in the summer. Love it.
I know I have never commented on your blog before but I just wanted to say that is always a pleasure to read about what you all are up to. Glad the trial is over and that you are back in the studio, for now!!