Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back in the saddle (a little off topic)

Last year after our move our lives were pretty much dedicated to getting the pottery up and going, seven days a week, dawn till dusk. Obviously there are a lot of things that fall though the cracks when you spend all day everyday working.
This is one thing I really missed last year while we were building the kiln shed, kiln, and getting through our first firing:


In North Carolina I rode my bike on a daily basis. After a one year hiatus, it feels great to be back riding. I'm going to try to make time for biking this year. There is still plenty of work that needs to be done, but I'm hoping to take an hour or so every evening for a ride. I'm always so much happier when I get in some regular exercise. I enjoy getting the competitive juices flowing as well (there look to be a couple good bike races around here this summer).
Anyway, I'm pleased to be back biking, the roads around here are great. Hardly any traffic, with plenty of rolling hills. It was a beautiful day today, and I took my camera with me on one of my favorite routes, 25 miles of rolling hills, pastures, and fields. I hope you enjoy your virtual tour of my favorite bike ride.


I just thought this would make for a good picture, with the dead tree, and the rolling hills and trees. This is pretty representative of why this area is so great for biking:


The camera doesn't do this hill justice. It's pretty steep, and keep going past what you can see, all be it not quite as steep. Good times.


Starting to see the pattern? lots of hills, and some nice views, and plenty of open road, I hope you enjoyed your virtual ride.

Joe

1 comment:

Zachary and Jennifer said...

Happy Riding!
Every time we manage to go for a bike ride, we always ask ourselves, why don't we do this more often?