After a couple of days of collecting wood from the woods, I decided now was a good as anytime to split it. I rented a log splitter for the weekend. Ended up making for a longer weekend than anticipated. I spent Saturday splitting and stacking wood.
After Saturday it became apparent that if I wanted to get everything split I needed to postpone the rest of the stacking and just split the wood while I still had the splitter.
Hopefully I'll get it all stacked tomorrow. After that it's back to work on the gallery space which is coming along nicely. Tomorrow a man is stopping by to talk about installing the exterior door into the gallery for me. Time is starting to run a little low, so it seemed like a good idea to bring in some help to get the gallery done sooner rather than later. The plan as it stands is to finish up the gallery sometime soon and then make pots until our firing in mid April (our gallery is scheduled to open May 1). Looks like there might be just time to fire the first two chambers again. One of these days we'll get that third chamber fired. It's a funny thing finally starting a pottery after all these years. The last year setting up the pottery has been by far the least amount of time I've had at the potters wheel in about ten years. Funny how things work out.