Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wish me good luck

I have to go in tommorow for jury selection. The selection is supposed to last two days. Here's the kicker: They instruct to to show up to the last day of jury selection with your bags packed for a four week trial. If you are selected to be on the jury you are sequestered for four weeks, they house and feed you and you are not allowed to have contact with the public. When I first heard about this I thought it might be quite an interesting experience. However now that the time has arrived I've come to realize how little I can afford to take four weeks off. We are hoping to fire our kiln in March/April and have our gallery completed by May. We would certainly like to have a little more time to make pots this time as well. Time to make some more time consuming pieces, and also time to fill all three chambers.
So wish me luck that I'm not chosen for the jury.
I'll end with a couple of pictures of the kitchen floor I've been working on. We pulled up the linoleum and the hard wood floor is in pretty decent shape underneath. I did have to cut out a small section near the bathroom as it was rotten. Also there will have to be some patching from where a earlier remodel to place. All in all though a positive discovery. Lots of nail pulling though.....
Joe




6 comments:

Michael Mahan said...

I'm sure it will be a beautiful floor when finished.

Good luck with not being picked for jury duty.

Michael

cookingwithgas said...

Just repeat these words- hang the bastard- and say them loudly when ever you are asked a question----
Good luck!

brandon phillips said...

just let them know that you're biased. and maybe drool a little.
good luck.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ang design said...

wow there's always something popping it's head in our pot space...all the best with not being picked however interesting it may have been...nice floor too..

Michael Mahan said...

I think a little yiping might help as well, like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer sees an old baseball star in a doughnut shop and is trying to get his attention.

One or two yipes, some drool and a couple of "hang-the-bastard"s.

Smiling some might help too.