Friday, December 19, 2008

Drywall


I know the picture does not look like much, but this is my first try at patching drywall. I came inside this morning and the therometer said 40 degrees. Which is the first time our house has stayed above freezing overnight. So I figured it was a good a time as any to start on the drywall. I figured I would start small with the small patches, and work my way up:

I'm not sure what was going on with all of these holes. There are several of them though. Most of the drywall damage is from the house moving itself though. Lots of cracks around the doors:

and tape that has peeled at the corners:Guess what? Patching drywall is acctually kind of fun. Not as much fun as say... making pots, but enjoyable none the less. Certainly more fun than tearing out old plaster ceilings. Which I apparently have more of in my future. More on that latter.
Joe

1 comment:

Ron said...

Joe, I like finishing drywall too. Well for a day or so. Then I'm wishing it was done. Anyhow hope you are both well and keeping warm and cozy by that nice wood stove. I put that dish in the mail so I hope you'll get it soon.