Friday, September 19, 2008

Bulldozer Day



The excavator came out today. He made quick work of the old foundation, and spent the rest of the afternoon digging out our basement. Joe and I are just in awe of the precision and skill of the machine operators we have met this year. I don't think I could dig a straighter line with a shovel! He hit bedrock about five feet down, so our house will be a little higher off of the ground than we thought it would be. Some creative landscaping is in order next spring.




Joe and I worked on the chimney again today. We built a string form that you can see in the pictures above and below. Lining up the bricks is going pretty quickly with the form since there is less leveling and fussing with placement. We're up to eleven feet, for those of you who are counting (me!).


No comments: