A lot has happened since our last post. First off our brick saw broke so we spent the day putting the floor in the kiln since we could do 95% of the floor without the saw. The floor simply rests on a bed of sand and has a 3/4" expansion gap around all four side to keep it from pushing on the arch or side walls during the firing. We also backfilled around the chimney, though I don't have any pictures of that right now.Well we got our brick saw replaced (it was still under warranty). And are now ready to start with the arches. Christy helped me put in the arch form for the second chamber before she headed out to spend the weekend with her family. Here are a couple of pictures from the form construction process.
It feels great to finally be done with all the ground work and finally be moving upward!